Going for a walk this morning alongside the estuary near where I live, the fog made the water look like it was steaming, like a romantic movie set. This got me thinking of the next level 10 category to share with you all. Marriage or if not appropriate to you you could rename this category relationships.
When I got back my husband had just got up for work (if II want to incorporate my Miracle Morning routine away from home, I need to do it before he leaves the house) we sat and had breakfast together before he had to leave for work.
It first crossed my mind to think why this section had been left till almost last to share with you all. After careful consideration I realised there wasn't a reason I should be concerned about , as each section in the Level 10 life plan has equal importance , possibly for me my marriage is my highest current score, so not the area I thought of to working on straight away , it's probably the most difficult area to set goals on because of this. I started to think about it and if I'm being honest Mr P is not keen on being talked about. So just in case he's reading this. I love you! And that's no secret!
I decided as I have with all the other areas to brainstorm my thoughts on what makes a successful marriage (or romantic relationship) These are my views alone and maybe different to others but after 11 years of marriage and nearly 16 years together, I think I can vaguely qualify to speak at least from some experience.
I want to note I do include everything you need for a successful relationship that I wrote about in the friend or family blog post, as lets face it your spouse will be covered in this area as well. So if you haven't do go check out my blog post on friends/family Level 10 goals to review those areas and remember to include them too.
But what else can I add?
• When things get difficult hang on in there with each other - never let the other person think you might not be there for them
• Be happy together - if that's not the case - make it happen - find things you enjoy and have in common
• Laugh - Lots!
• Communicate - can you tell them your secrets? Can you tell them how you feel?
• Be friends
• Patience and forgiveness
• Humility , look for the best in each other
• Honesty and Trust
• Spend time together making memories
• Have some time apart - time with friends, hobbies or alone time
So here are my carefully considered and discussed and supported with Mr P - Level 10 Life Goals for Marriage
1. Remember to say I love you everyday
2. Regular date nights (cinema, food, few drinks)
3. Some time away together just the two of us ( weekend trips)
4. Days out that we both enjoy ( not garden centres ! Request from Mr P)
5. Holiday the two of us - (New York)
6. Share the household chores , work together when doing them so they get done quicker
7. Celebrate 12 year wedding anniversary
8. Show/express more appreciation for each other
9. Talk more
10. Find a hobby we can do together possibly Thai Chi
I would love to hear your ideas so if you are happy to please share.
Linda Perry (a.k.a. Magick Mummy)
Holistic Health Practitioner💚Mum👩👧👦 Wife💏Author📘Blogger. My mission to inspire others to live a healthy, happy & full life!