Today’s blog post continues from last weeks where I started to map out my Level 10 Life Plans for 2018.
Last year when considering my plans under the ‘fun’ section , I really took some time to consider what makes something fun for me .
So when approaching this section and making plans you should think about what ‘fun’ means for you. It might be the same as mine or it could be totally different. Remember your version will be the right one, I share my thoughts here on what you may consider when thinking of what makes something Fun.
• Is enjoyable to do?
• Is entertaining?
• Does it capture your attention?
• Does it make you feel excited?
• Does it make you feel happy?
• Who else is positive or could you have fun with?
• Sometimes best fun is that which is not so strictly planned but spontaneous!
• Find time to be creative.
• Letting myself be curious about life.
• Learning a new Skill.
• Avoid being afraid of letting yourself feel free (be a bit silly or just step out of your comfort zone).
With all that in mind these are my current Level 10 Life Goals
I would love to hear from you to find our your version of fun so do come and let me know by email , or on social media or in comments box below.
Level 10 Life Planning was a concept I came across just over a year ago after reading a book called ‘The Miracle Morning’ by Hal Elrod and watching a video blog by Boho Berry .
It had such an amazing influence on my life in 2017. I am continuing the process again for 2018 and decided to share the process with you all through my blog, so you too can experience the benefits.
So where to begin in creating a “Level 10 Life?
Start by dedicating some time to the process where you can focus without distraction.
If you haven't read ‘the miracle morning’ book yet and your picking up this blog post for the first time, I highly recommend you pop over to the bookshelf or Hal’s website and check it out! It really is the most life changing book and where my inspiration and motivation got a kick start back in October 2016.
Rememebr your level 10 life is your own creation so there are no right or wrong answers and the timescales are yours to set. Taking positive steps both big and small towards your vision of of a level 10 life.
Start by breaking your life into 10 categories :
Family & Friends
Marriage (or what is applicable to you)
Then using a scale of 1-10 ( 10 being the highest and zero representing no satisfaction) score each area as they are now. Be honest with yourself after all there's no point in doing this practise if your not. There needs to be no judgement on how your scores compare to others , all you need to vision is what your level 10 life looks and feels like for you!
If your a keen on journalling like me you can click on my journalling link to find out more and get ideas on how you can include this in your daily weekly and monthly taking action, practise, planning and record keeping. The above spread is how I created a visual, but if this not for you just give yourself a score for each area , the important thing to do is to record it.
Next you need to set yourself some goals that move you from where you are now towards your level 10 life. I decided to allow space for 10 goals for each area. Giving me 100 tangible actions and things to do to take me a step further towards that. I wrote this down as well and will be sharing some of these with you over the next few weeks in up and coming blog posts.
Now that I have the goals, it’s time to take some action! Each week I refer back to my goals and decide what steps I’m taking that week in completing or working towards the goals I have set. No matter how big or small each step is taking action towards making it happen and moving my life towards a Level 10 Life.
The benefits of doing this .
Having goals and set plans, recording and reviewing them often means that they are more than just a wish.
Remember this does not mean you can't dream big! They are motivation, they let us take charge and be in control of lives giving us direction and purpose to making it happen. We bring fun, excitement and ultimately fulfilment to our lives meaning we are living our level 10 life.
So to start with I chose the category Family and Friends. I intend to have around 10 goals in each area on how I can make my life experiences with Family and friends better.
I am really grateful for all my family and friends, I already have them as one of my main priorities in life and spend a good amount of good quality time with them all.
So what can I do to make this area level 10? Even if this area is a level 10 for you already you will probably understand that relationships take work, so it doesn't hurt to set goals to maintain and improve them.
These are my top ideas on what makes family and friend relationships strong:
• Listen to each other (sound easy? I mean really listen, understand what they are saying, how they are feeling as they say it , and avoid thinking if your response before they have even finished).
• Engage in positive conversation (ask questions that are open and require conversation - you can try by starting with the words, who, what , where, when, why to keep it open) For example it's better to say 'what was the best part of your day?' than 'did you have a good day?'
• Spend time together - life is busy, chores need to be done, work has to happen , your tired but it's so important to make time for your family and friends both for them and for you.
• No fighting and fair outcomes - I can't say you or I will never disagree with our friends and family but if this situation arises separate facts from feelings and then in times of disagreements you will be able to communicate more clearly.
• Have integrity- this builds trust , be honest , be considerate and keep promises.
• Be there when needed - it is likely that if you are constantly doing the above you will be. Relationships become stronger when you can support each other.
• Be interdependent - this that means respecting and embracing your differences, and in doing so brining the ability to see the positive aspects this brings to your relationships. It means not being so inderpendant you can't let others in or feeling lonely and not being so dependant we fail to manage our own feelings and actions.
Here are some of my level 10 life goal plans - Family/Friends 2018
I would love to hear and see your experiences - you can use the comments bar or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also tag me in social media. Enjoy your level 10 planning!
Linda Perry (a.k.a. Magick Mummy)
Holistic Health Practitioner💚Mum👩👧👦 Wife💏Author📘Blogger. My mission to inspire others to live a healthy, happy & full life!