Continuing the latest blog posts I am focusing my attentions on my level 10 life plans for 2018 around health and fitness .
I thought it would be helpful to share my ideas on what should be included when it comes to health and fitness:
• Diet - What am I eating? Am I getting the right nutrients naturally?
• Sleep - How good is my sleep? How much am I getting do I need?
• Exercise - what do I do currently and what can I start do or do better?
• Emotional wellbeing - is there anything affecting me? How do I keep my emotional heart and head in balance and healthy?
• Mental wellbeing - how do I keep my mind as trained as my body?
• Structural health - how do I feel physically is there anything I need to consider?
• Substructural health - how do I feel inside? Am I getting right nutrients do I need supplementation , is there a condition I need to monitor or manage
So with all that in mind I have taken a really good look at where I am now and where I would like to be and what goals I can set myself to make this happen. . I am doing the same here for health and fitness. So in the spirit of still be accountable to myself I share them with you all.
1. Lose weight to improve BMI
2. Increase activity (monitor through fitness tracker and app) so set goals starting with 10000 steps per day and 20 mins aerobic exercise
3. Research more on clean eating principles
4. Sign up for a nutrition course
5. Cycle more and track
6. Continue taking Plant Derived Minerals daily
7. Do yoga every day
8. Asleep before 10pm on week nights and weekends if not socialising
9. Continue taking essences daily
10. Increase water intake and be consistent
Here is a list of some of the tools I am currently using to help me along the way - I am very likely to add to this page and section over the next year so please book mark it for the future should you want to see what's new ! Click links below to be redirected
• Diet - Lean in 15
• Emotional wellbeing - Flower Essences
• Mental wellbeing - The Miracle Morning
• Structural health - Plant Derived Minerals
• Substructural health - Plant Derived Minerals
• Sleep - Monitor quality with fitness tracker (my personal choice Fitbit Blaze)
• Exercise - Monitor activity with fitness tracker (my personal choice Fitbit Blaze ) Yoga (yoga studio app)
Some of the above links on this site and in the blog maybe affiliate links. In simple terms this means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided.
Any recommendations are based on personal, not professional, opinion only and I enjoy sharing only products I like and use myself.
Every year I schedule in time for what I call a super organise and clean through the house. This involves at least 3-4 hours of work for my house but before I add to the craziness of decorations, presents and visitors for the season this is time well spent!
You might think you can’t do this in this amount of time or possibly that it is too much time, there is no right or wrong answer, last year through the Konmari Method I completed a huge list of things I wanted to do in my home an physical environment. As such my level 10 life Score went from a 4 to an 8 this year ! All successfully achieved and really improved my lifestyle.
More about this method in a blog another time. This year I will be improving the upkeep of this process. Oh just a note, it doesn't mean regular chores are cancelled as they still need to be done, as we are a family of four people and one very fury dog!
What this does mean though by doing this in one hit, I am saving myself time and stress in the future, being this organised allows me to spend good quality time with friends and family and allows less stress (on my part) when we gain unexpected visitors or life is more hectic than expected, which always happens this time of year.
This process isn't for everyone but for me I recognise my equilibrium is kept and my enjoyment levels increased by making this process happen. It also falls really nicely in with my Level 10 goals for Physical Environment that will see me into the new year.
I get told a lot by the people around me that I tidy and clean to much! That some people see it as a waste of time, some say they don't have time so choose not to do it, some day it's pointless because it will get messy again, some say to me I'm a little obsessed even.
Now I am all for considering other peoples perspective on this and I have spent time considering if they are correct in their views. I am not suggesting here today they are right or wrong. Today I share with you the reasons I choose ( feel the empowerment there? It's my choice, no one makes me ) to do this and why then it's important for me to follow this through.
• General cleaning can improve air quality - by eliminating areas prone to mould or dust that can affect conditions such as asthma and allergies.
• When the house is dirty or disorganised, it’s difficult to focus on the tasks, You will be distracted by trying to find things, clear surfaces or finding space to do what you want to taking up more time than you have and reducing your productivity
• You can relax and sleep better in a clean and tidy environment
• Creating a cosy and friendly environment means people want to be around, they feel welcome and can enjoy themselves . Hygge is the best! If you have not heard of this before pop over to the bookshelf where there are some recommendations to read up about it or use social media to search it.
• Doing a deep clean and tidy allows me to see and feel my house. It gives me a chance to connect with it, find out if there are any repairs I have missed or need to consider, appreciate and give thanks to the space that shelters and supports me and my family.
• Creating emotional and physical space allows life to run smoothly, brings opportunity for new and exciting things to come in, and reduces negativity. Keeping the joy in life - another book I recommend to read to help with this process is The Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo check out the bookshelf.
• I am more productive, focused as a result.
So why not! Top tip is I use this time to catch up on podcasts and audio books.
My Level 10 Life goals for Physical Environment
1. Get house repairs and maintenance done
2. Bring in Konmari method to every area of home
3. Build a porch
4. Improve Garden planting areas
5. Create an even better office desk space
6. Get help
7. Organise garage
8. Reorganise and stock kitchen , create pantry
9. Clear out garden shed
10. Home improvements - paint front of house, clear up garden after winter, new hallway carpet, paint bathroom
Not all the tasks on my level 10 can be done straight away but working towards them and having a plan will make them happen. For now I can be happy that I have a tidy house and am ready for the festive season.
Do share your top tips, ideas and inspiration with me.
Every day I find something to be grateful for and I record that in my journal. Today when writing I realised that I am very grateful for my current lifestyle in particular my career and business.
I have a career and business that I love, I am passionate about and that supports me. But it allows me to develop as a person and gain new skills. I am grateful I have the opportunity to support others to both in their lifestyle and their finances.
I work with different amazing teams of people. I have many facets of my own business as you will see from my website and can extend those opportunity’s to others and offer support for those wanting to build a business just like mine.
You can watch the video below for information on one of these areas. Want to JOIN THE TEAM , get in contact with me !
I really like both the quotes on this page. When I consider Financial freedom , what this means to me is it really enables and allows us to make all our decisions and live our lives based on hearts desires , dreams and be around our families and other commitments for longer, whilst still having the needs met that I discussed in last weeks blog on finances.
When I recognised this and started on a path of what I was truly passionate about, as I helped others, success came to my business and the. to them. I chose to change my perception, revisit the expectations I had learnt and been influenced by and got clear on everything I wanted in life. Propelling my happiness and business and overall success forward in every way.
You can also click the quote to visit this site to find out about one company I am involved with and how Mpowered thinking took my business to the next level. If you have any questions you can also ask me by using contact me button 11. I really like both the quotes on this page. When I consider Financial freedom and what this really enables and allows us to to do is to make all our decisions and live our lives based on hearts desires , dreams and be around our families and other commitments for longer, whilst still having the needs met that I discussed in yesterday's blog on finances.
When I recognised this and started on a path of what I was truly passionate about, as I helped others, success came to my business and to them. I chose to change my perception, revisit the expectations I had learnt and been influenced by and got clear on everything I wanted in life. Propelling my happiness and business and overall success forward in every way.
So with this in mind as I approach 2018 these are the goals I have set for moving that forward again.
1. Bring everything together under one umbrella - I currently doing this for the last 12 months and this website is a testiment to that , I have different areas of work that I am passionate about - holistic health (essences, sound, aromatherapy and crystals) Education and Team Building (plant derived minerals) writing (author, journaling , blogs and magazine articles) Lifestyle (finance, coaching, inspiration and creativity, and beauty )
2. Write and publish another book
3. Create Journal workbook
4. Create and engage in new (to me) social media platforms such as Pinterest and YouTube
5. Set up Etsy shop
6. Support 100 people in building their own business through opportunity and training
7. Create a International team
8. Mantain blog and engage with audience
9. Work with people who inspire me
10. Create opportunity to support and give back to community through my career and business
So this weeks blog post is keeping with the plan of creating my Level 10 Life goals for 2018. This weeks section is Finance.
Finances are actually a totally different category under level 10 Life to your career and business category and although lots of time they are connected as one aids the other it's important to have them separated so that you can set goals for both. Especially if you are looking to make changes in both.
My initial thought was to ask why consider finances at all?
It's an open question with quite a few possible answers. So I've taken some time to consider what that can mean to me and maybe others.
• Money helps us meet our basic human needs, for example food, water, housing etc. Meeting these needs are essential because if we don’t have enough money to do this, our complete well being has the opportunity to suffer.
• Money in abundance or lack can impact on our health and well being, relationships , outlook on life , emotional and mental state, it's really a good idea to take the time to consider your own connection to money and current position. Think about what you spend money on, when you spend money on and why ? Consider how you feel during good times and more challenging. ( If you are worried always consider getting support or professional advice ) .
• More money doesn't necessarily mean more happiness, it's well documented and is certainly true from my own experiences.
• Be organised , track, budget and be consciously aware of how your relationships and actions affect your finances.
• Being ontop of your finances can avoid or reduce stress.
• Gaining your perfect level of financial freedom (however that may look for you) will allow you to achive your level 10 life.
Having clearly defined goals and objectives will help in all the areas I describe and take me steps further to my level 10. For me I have not at this stage included timescales or amounts in huge detail but am sharing here some of the areas I want to influence my finances for my own level 10 life.
Yours are likely to be something totally different. But you might find inspiration or guidance on how setting goals and a plan to achieve them could make them happen sooner than you think! For example look at the savings challenge above.
1. Save £1000 a savings challenge I have set myself - timescale one year. I have made a journal spread to track my progress and set amounts so I can see if I am achieving or on track for my goal
2. Pay off any debts
3. Reduce fixed outgoings ( will increase freedom and flexibility)
4. Life Goal that requires a finance goal and action- new car
5. Life Goal that requires a finance goal and action - home improvements
6. Build and increase savings
7. Life Goal that requires a finance goal and action - go on holiday
8. Increase income
9. Create a residual/silent income
10. Life Goal that requires a finance goal and action - buy a campervan
My intention is to review these goals weekly and track my progress , brainstorm them in more detail and set measurable goals to make them happen.
On reflection I did this last year and the key was regular review, looking at and monitoring my progress or analysing anything that taken me off track. When doing this I was my most successful and so that will be key moving through into 2018.
Wishing you well with yours :-)
Linda Perry (a.k.a. Magick Mummy)
Holistic Health Practitioner💚Mum👩👧👦 Wife💏Author📘Blogger. My mission to inspire others to live a healthy, happy & full life!