The last catagory I’m sharing for the Level 10 life brings me to Giving and Contribution. (N.B. You may have noticed I have a creativity section aswell but this is ultimately just a curiosity list of things I want to make, I add to and delete it all year through. ) So today I took some time to brainstorm the benefits of why to include a catagory under Giving and Contribution:
• It can bring you and the recipient feelings of joy and happiness.
• All forms of giving (volunteering, helping, finiacial, time) are a way to show action in what matters to others.
• Giving promotes social connection and unity (paying it forward, setting examples to others).
• Giving allows us to feel grateful and bring more gratitude to our own lives (I think gratitude deserves a whole post to itself so look out for when I write more about this).
• Any gesture even a small one can bring people closer together, improve relationships, bring friends and community's closer ,and allows us to make new connections and relationships.
• Giving can be contagious when we act, that ripples out to others and if each of did this in whatever way we are called to or are able the world might just be a better place for all.
• Contribution is an opportunity to share part of yourself with the world, skills, talents, kindness to name a few.
• Contribution can bring a sense of self worth, satisfaction and fulfilment to life.
With the mini brainstorming done I set about writing 10 goals (like I have done in the other areas of my Level 10 life plan) for Giving and Contributing and what I can and will do:
1. Raise money for charities close to me ( starting with Asthma, Dementia, Cancer, NICU, Animal Rescue...)
2.Volunteer in my Local Community
3. Do something kind for a stranger
4. Help a friend
5. Continue to host and offer support with my Amazing ladies local club
6. Do more to help animals survival
7. Do more to protect the environment ( starting with less airmiles, less waste/plastic, permaculture, sustainable resources, green power...)
8. Pay it forward for someone (pay car parking/shopping/kids outing)
9. Ask if I can help randomly - no questions/expectations
10. Help at the local School
Going for a walk this morning alongside the estuary near where I live, the fog made the water look like it was steaming, like a romantic movie set. This got me thinking of the next level 10 category to share with you all. Marriage or if not appropriate to you you could rename this category relationships.
When I got back my husband had just got up for work (if II want to incorporate my Miracle Morning routine away from home, I need to do it before he leaves the house) we sat and had breakfast together before he had to leave for work.
It first crossed my mind to think why this section had been left till almost last to share with you all. After careful consideration I realised there wasn't a reason I should be concerned about , as each section in the Level 10 life plan has equal importance , possibly for me my marriage is my highest current score, so not the area I thought of to working on straight away , it's probably the most difficult area to set goals on because of this. I started to think about it and if I'm being honest Mr P is not keen on being talked about. So just in case he's reading this. I love you! And that's no secret!
I decided as I have with all the other areas to brainstorm my thoughts on what makes a successful marriage (or romantic relationship) These are my views alone and maybe different to others but after 11 years of marriage and nearly 16 years together, I think I can vaguely qualify to speak at least from some experience.
I want to note I do include everything you need for a successful relationship that I wrote about in the friend or family blog post, as lets face it your spouse will be covered in this area as well. So if you haven't do go check out my blog post on friends/family Level 10 goals to review those areas and remember to include them too.
But what else can I add?
• When things get difficult hang on in there with each other - never let the other person think you might not be there for them
• Be happy together - if that's not the case - make it happen - find things you enjoy and have in common
• Laugh - Lots!
• Communicate - can you tell them your secrets? Can you tell them how you feel?
• Be friends
• Patience and forgiveness
• Humility , look for the best in each other
• Honesty and Trust
• Spend time together making memories
• Have some time apart - time with friends, hobbies or alone time
So here are my carefully considered and discussed and supported with Mr P - Level 10 Life Goals for Marriage
1. Remember to say I love you everyday
2. Regular date nights (cinema, food, few drinks)
3. Some time away together just the two of us ( weekend trips)
4. Days out that we both enjoy ( not garden centres ! Request from Mr P)
5. Holiday the two of us - (New York)
6. Share the household chores , work together when doing them so they get done quicker
7. Celebrate 12 year wedding anniversary
8. Show/express more appreciation for each other
9. Talk more
10. Find a hobby we can do together possibly Thai Chi
I would love to hear your ideas so if you are happy to please share.
One of my intentions for my family fitness and fun this year was to get us all out in nature on some Wild Walks exploring.
This weekends adventure took us to Dartmoor, Devon here in the south west of the United Kingdom.
We drove to the Two Bridges Hotel (postcode PL20 6QF) and parked in the old quarry car park opposite. From the car park you will see the sign (picture above) where you can follow a man made track to a farm house.
You then follow the path through the gorse bushes (to the right of the house) All this is about half a mile in distance. Then you will come to a place where the path splits follow it to the right and you will see the Tor ahead of you up the hill over rough moorland , there’s a gap in the boundary wall to pass through. This is the route we took first. It’s worth the detor , we actually did it by accident but you get a wonderful view from there, it was a happy accident and part of the adventure!
Crockern Tor has a history of being the centre of the Stannary Parliament for the surrounding areas this would have been where the local tin miners came to meet in the 15th and 18th centuries. The miners didn’t follow Westminster laws they were governed locally and this is where many a meeting and punishment is thought to have taken place.
Crockern Tor also has a legend; It is said to be the home of the Old Crockern who rode on a skeleton horse across the moorland , and kept his phantom hounds in Wistmans wood nearby.
When we went walking we arrived around 9:30am it was -1 and the wind was high, the ground was waterlogged but frozen. I can imagine on a more mild day it would be quite soaked and more difficult to walk on.
We then walked back down this hill to the boundary wall where we had passed through previously and instead of going through the gap we walked along the wall to the right (remember we are facing down hill at this point) when nearly to the end of the wall we were able to pick up a moorland path to Wistmans wood (SX 613770) if you had avoided the Tor and taken a Left on the path before where it splits you would have naturally come to this point. All you need to do now is follow the moodland path over a wooden stile and you will see the woodland in the distance.
In Wistmans Wood you will find a magical place where the dwarf Oaks trees grow barely taller than 5m high , with tangled and crooked branches and boulders all over the floor , it did take some navigating, it is almost impossible for ponies or cattle enter , my dog struggled a bit , I think this is probably why this ancient woodland had stayed in tact from animal destruction,
If you know what your looking for you can find more than 100 different species of lichen! Being January there were no leaves but it was still incredibly alive with life and very green!
Said to be one of the most haunted places on Dartmoor with legends of Pagan ritual , Dartmoor hounds , ghosts of travellers lost and the Devil. You’d be forgiven to be wary but I can honestly say I could not feel any fear at all. It was a beautiful, natural, peaceful place , sharing untouched nature, steaming with life and vibrancy. I will certainly be taking a visit again in the summer when possibly the dense coverage of leaves may give an all together different experience.
Our total Walk was around 6.37km and took us as a family of 4 adults and 4 children aged 14,8,6,3 approx 3hours. We had made ourselves soup and stopped in the woods to enjoy this, in this time as well.
A gentle walk back and we decided to go into the Two Bridges Hotel for Cream Tea and to sit by the fire to warm up. A beautiful , peaceful and dog friendly environment , with exceptional staff. I would highly recommend a visit here at any time .
A lovely day out do let me know your experience and if you visit yourself.
Todays day started at 5:30 am, it's a busy work day for me today and so I need to be up and organised. I follow the Miracle Morning routine everyday it brings such a sense of peace and calm to the start of the day and by the time i’m finished I am ready for anything.
Which is a good thing as I have a six year old to get ready for school, who likes to test my resolve by playing the game get dressed and then undress when mummy's not looking! She also has an infinite amount of energy and ability to make everything noisy! Then I have Sid the Sloth! No not a animal real one but a close resemblance - aka a teenager! All joking aside they are great kids but I have found children have few cares in the world for the time keeping of the adult world.
Doing my Miracle Morning means I have had some of the best parts of me time before they even wake up, giving me an better mindset for the day ahead.
As before I decided to journal and brainstorm my thoughts on what the next level 10 life category spirituality means to me.
• I believe spirituality is something that is different for nearly every person on the plant , I believe it is not only to be associated or directly connected to religion or a new age movements (although they clearly cross over) but a broad title to incorporate everything.
• I experience it in a holistic way (incorporating the whole) I see it as the eternal energy that hold us together physically, emotionally , I see it as nature around me, other people, animals , the elements, the sacred.
• I see it as something that evolves through time and practise and therefore needs to be flexible and fluid with no dogma or chain of command.
• I see it as a way of exploring the meaning of life .
• It's through practice and experience it is enhanced.
• It defines how we live our lives , beliefs , morals, goals etc .
• Develops and deepens patience, forgiveness, compassion, empathy and Love
Here are the things I have included under my Level 10 Life Goals for the heading and improvements in my Spirituality, (some of these I already do EVERYDAY through my miracle morning routine ) but it's clear to me I can experience them more often or in a enhanced way and as such can bring improvements
1. Daily Sit Spot outside in nature - no matter the weather
2. Meditation Daily
3. Monthly Ritual/Ceremony
5. More sound therapy practise
6. Follow the Miracle Morning Forever! This will include some of the things here needed to increase this area
7. Set my Goals - Level 10 and live them
9. Journal and write more
10. Be in nature more
I would love to hear your thoughts on this category and your experiences.
Today's focus is level 10 life goals for Personal Development. To focus myself I spent some time deeply thinking about what personal development means to me.
You see before I read The Miracle Morning a book by Hal Elrod (back in October 2016) to me the phrase 'Personal Development' reminded me of some kind of corporate jargon or slogan that was banded around, used loosely with no depth or thought to how it might improve work or even for that matter us as individuals.
Quite how or where this mindset originated from I am still unsure, never the less this was my perception, all I know now is that this is not the case , that pattern of thought , that internal wall really has and needed to be torn down and a new understanding has come.
My thoughts now on what personal development means are:
• Actions that improve awareness
• A way to develop talents
• An opportunity to finds potential
• A way to enhance the quality of life
• Contribution to making dreams happen
• Building aspirations
• Improving Confidence
• Knowing ones self and establishing own identity
• Has infinite possibilities and no end
• Can cover a wide spectrum of areas such as self, environment, ability, emotions, physical and social to name just a few...
Take a moment to consider what personal development is for you? How does it feel? What does it mean? What importance does it have? How does it show up in your life?
I am sharing my Level 10 life Goals for this year with you all. This is a process to be reviewed constantly throught the year and actually this blog is a way of extending my own Personal Development. I hope in doing this, I can also inspire you to find your own options.
I choose 10 areas for me to focus on;
1. Keep up with Miracle Morning rotine for Daily Meditation
2. Keep up with Miracle Morning rotine for Daily Visualisation and Affirmations
3. Keep a curiosity list and get creative
4. Keep up with Miracle Morning rotine for daily journalling
5. Listen to Podcasts - (plan to multi task/listening whilst driving or doing house work)
6. Read 52 books in a year
7. Set regular personal goals and review actions taken to achieving them
8. Get a mentor for specific career goals
9. Learn a new skill by course or workshop
10. Improve time management and boundaries - say no when needed
Do feel free to let me know yours so we may grow together.
Linda Perry (a.k.a. Magick Mummy)
Holistic Health Practitioner💚Mum👩👧👦 Wife💏Author📘Blogger. My mission to inspire others to live a healthy, happy & full life!