The last catagory I’m sharing for the Level 10 life brings me to Giving and Contribution. (N.B. You may have noticed I have a creativity section aswell but this is ultimately just a curiosity list of things I want to make, I add to and delete it all year through. ) So today I took some time to brainstorm the benefits of why to include a catagory under Giving and Contribution:
• It can bring you and the recipient feelings of joy and happiness.
• All forms of giving (volunteering, helping, finiacial, time) are a way to show action in what matters to others.
• Giving promotes social connection and unity (paying it forward, setting examples to others).
• Giving allows us to feel grateful and bring more gratitude to our own lives (I think gratitude deserves a whole post to itself so look out for when I write more about this).
• Any gesture even a small one can bring people closer together, improve relationships, bring friends and community's closer ,and allows us to make new connections and relationships.
• Giving can be contagious when we act, that ripples out to others and if each of did this in whatever way we are called to or are able the world might just be a better place for all.
• Contribution is an opportunity to share part of yourself with the world, skills, talents, kindness to name a few.
• Contribution can bring a sense of self worth, satisfaction and fulfilment to life.
With the mini brainstorming done I set about writing 10 goals (like I have done in the other areas of my Level 10 life plan) for Giving and Contributing and what I can and will do:
1. Raise money for charities close to me ( starting with Asthma, Dementia, Cancer, NICU, Animal Rescue...)
2.Volunteer in my Local Community
3. Do something kind for a stranger
4. Help a friend
5. Continue to host and offer support with my Amazing ladies local club
6. Do more to help animals survival
7. Do more to protect the environment ( starting with less airmiles, less waste/plastic, permaculture, sustainable resources, green power...)
8. Pay it forward for someone (pay car parking/shopping/kids outing)
9. Ask if I can help randomly - no questions/expectations
10. Help at the local School
Going for a walk this morning alongside the estuary near where I live, the fog made the water look like it was steaming, like a romantic movie set. This got me thinking of the next level 10 category to share with you all. Marriage or if not appropriate to you you could rename this category relationships.
When I got back my husband had just got up for work (if II want to incorporate my Miracle Morning routine away from home, I need to do it before he leaves the house) we sat and had breakfast together before he had to leave for work.
It first crossed my mind to think why this section had been left till almost last to share with you all. After careful consideration I realised there wasn't a reason I should be concerned about , as each section in the Level 10 life plan has equal importance , possibly for me my marriage is my highest current score, so not the area I thought of to working on straight away , it's probably the most difficult area to set goals on because of this. I started to think about it and if I'm being honest Mr P is not keen on being talked about. So just in case he's reading this. I love you! And that's no secret!
I decided as I have with all the other areas to brainstorm my thoughts on what makes a successful marriage (or romantic relationship) These are my views alone and maybe different to others but after 11 years of marriage and nearly 16 years together, I think I can vaguely qualify to speak at least from some experience.
I want to note I do include everything you need for a successful relationship that I wrote about in the friend or family blog post, as lets face it your spouse will be covered in this area as well. So if you haven't do go check out my blog post on friends/family Level 10 goals to review those areas and remember to include them too.
But what else can I add?
• When things get difficult hang on in there with each other - never let the other person think you might not be there for them
• Be happy together - if that's not the case - make it happen - find things you enjoy and have in common
• Laugh - Lots!
• Communicate - can you tell them your secrets? Can you tell them how you feel?
• Be friends
• Patience and forgiveness
• Humility , look for the best in each other
• Honesty and Trust
• Spend time together making memories
• Have some time apart - time with friends, hobbies or alone time
So here are my carefully considered and discussed and supported with Mr P - Level 10 Life Goals for Marriage
1. Remember to say I love you everyday
2. Regular date nights (cinema, food, few drinks)
3. Some time away together just the two of us ( weekend trips)
4. Days out that we both enjoy ( not garden centres ! Request from Mr P)
5. Holiday the two of us - (New York)
6. Share the household chores , work together when doing them so they get done quicker
7. Celebrate 12 year wedding anniversary
8. Show/express more appreciation for each other
9. Talk more
10. Find a hobby we can do together possibly Thai Chi
I would love to hear your ideas so if you are happy to please share.
One of my intentions for my family fitness and fun this year was to get us all out in nature on some Wild Walks exploring.
This weekends adventure took us to Dartmoor, Devon here in the south west of the United Kingdom.
We drove to the Two Bridges Hotel (postcode PL20 6QF) and parked in the old quarry car park opposite. From the car park you will see the sign (picture above) where you can follow a man made track to a farm house.
You then follow the path through the gorse bushes (to the right of the house) All this is about half a mile in distance. Then you will come to a place where the path splits follow it to the right and you will see the Tor ahead of you up the hill over rough moorland , there’s a gap in the boundary wall to pass through. This is the route we took first. It’s worth the detor , we actually did it by accident but you get a wonderful view from there, it was a happy accident and part of the adventure!
Crockern Tor has a history of being the centre of the Stannary Parliament for the surrounding areas this would have been where the local tin miners came to meet in the 15th and 18th centuries. The miners didn’t follow Westminster laws they were governed locally and this is where many a meeting and punishment is thought to have taken place.
Crockern Tor also has a legend; It is said to be the home of the Old Crockern who rode on a skeleton horse across the moorland , and kept his phantom hounds in Wistmans wood nearby.
When we went walking we arrived around 9:30am it was -1 and the wind was high, the ground was waterlogged but frozen. I can imagine on a more mild day it would be quite soaked and more difficult to walk on.
We then walked back down this hill to the boundary wall where we had passed through previously and instead of going through the gap we walked along the wall to the right (remember we are facing down hill at this point) when nearly to the end of the wall we were able to pick up a moorland path to Wistmans wood (SX 613770) if you had avoided the Tor and taken a Left on the path before where it splits you would have naturally come to this point. All you need to do now is follow the moodland path over a wooden stile and you will see the woodland in the distance.
In Wistmans Wood you will find a magical place where the dwarf Oaks trees grow barely taller than 5m high , with tangled and crooked branches and boulders all over the floor , it did take some navigating, it is almost impossible for ponies or cattle enter , my dog struggled a bit , I think this is probably why this ancient woodland had stayed in tact from animal destruction,
If you know what your looking for you can find more than 100 different species of lichen! Being January there were no leaves but it was still incredibly alive with life and very green!
Said to be one of the most haunted places on Dartmoor with legends of Pagan ritual , Dartmoor hounds , ghosts of travellers lost and the Devil. You’d be forgiven to be wary but I can honestly say I could not feel any fear at all. It was a beautiful, natural, peaceful place , sharing untouched nature, steaming with life and vibrancy. I will certainly be taking a visit again in the summer when possibly the dense coverage of leaves may give an all together different experience.
Our total Walk was around 6.37km and took us as a family of 4 adults and 4 children aged 14,8,6,3 approx 3hours. We had made ourselves soup and stopped in the woods to enjoy this, in this time as well.
A gentle walk back and we decided to go into the Two Bridges Hotel for Cream Tea and to sit by the fire to warm up. A beautiful , peaceful and dog friendly environment , with exceptional staff. I would highly recommend a visit here at any time .
A lovely day out do let me know your experience and if you visit yourself.
Todays day started at 5:30 am, it's a busy work day for me today and so I need to be up and organised. I follow the Miracle Morning routine everyday it brings such a sense of peace and calm to the start of the day and by the time i’m finished I am ready for anything.
Which is a good thing as I have a six year old to get ready for school, who likes to test my resolve by playing the game get dressed and then undress when mummy's not looking! She also has an infinite amount of energy and ability to make everything noisy! Then I have Sid the Sloth! No not a animal real one but a close resemblance - aka a teenager! All joking aside they are great kids but I have found children have few cares in the world for the time keeping of the adult world.
Doing my Miracle Morning means I have had some of the best parts of me time before they even wake up, giving me an better mindset for the day ahead.
As before I decided to journal and brainstorm my thoughts on what the next level 10 life category spirituality means to me.
• I believe spirituality is something that is different for nearly every person on the plant , I believe it is not only to be associated or directly connected to religion or a new age movements (although they clearly cross over) but a broad title to incorporate everything.
• I experience it in a holistic way (incorporating the whole) I see it as the eternal energy that hold us together physically, emotionally , I see it as nature around me, other people, animals , the elements, the sacred.
• I see it as something that evolves through time and practise and therefore needs to be flexible and fluid with no dogma or chain of command.
• I see it as a way of exploring the meaning of life .
• It's through practice and experience it is enhanced.
• It defines how we live our lives , beliefs , morals, goals etc .
• Develops and deepens patience, forgiveness, compassion, empathy and Love
Here are the things I have included under my Level 10 Life Goals for the heading and improvements in my Spirituality, (some of these I already do EVERYDAY through my miracle morning routine ) but it's clear to me I can experience them more often or in a enhanced way and as such can bring improvements
1. Daily Sit Spot outside in nature - no matter the weather
2. Meditation Daily
3. Monthly Ritual/Ceremony
5. More sound therapy practise
6. Follow the Miracle Morning Forever! This will include some of the things here needed to increase this area
7. Set my Goals - Level 10 and live them
9. Journal and write more
10. Be in nature more
I would love to hear your thoughts on this category and your experiences.
Today's focus is level 10 life goals for Personal Development. To focus myself I spent some time deeply thinking about what personal development means to me.
You see before I read The Miracle Morning a book by Hal Elrod (back in October 2016) to me the phrase 'Personal Development' reminded me of some kind of corporate jargon or slogan that was banded around, used loosely with no depth or thought to how it might improve work or even for that matter us as individuals.
Quite how or where this mindset originated from I am still unsure, never the less this was my perception, all I know now is that this is not the case , that pattern of thought , that internal wall really has and needed to be torn down and a new understanding has come.
My thoughts now on what personal development means are:
• Actions that improve awareness
• A way to develop talents
• An opportunity to finds potential
• A way to enhance the quality of life
• Contribution to making dreams happen
• Building aspirations
• Improving Confidence
• Knowing ones self and establishing own identity
• Has infinite possibilities and no end
• Can cover a wide spectrum of areas such as self, environment, ability, emotions, physical and social to name just a few...
Take a moment to consider what personal development is for you? How does it feel? What does it mean? What importance does it have? How does it show up in your life?
I am sharing my Level 10 life Goals for this year with you all. This is a process to be reviewed constantly throught the year and actually this blog is a way of extending my own Personal Development. I hope in doing this, I can also inspire you to find your own options.
I choose 10 areas for me to focus on;
1. Keep up with Miracle Morning rotine for Daily Meditation
2. Keep up with Miracle Morning rotine for Daily Visualisation and Affirmations
3. Keep a curiosity list and get creative
4. Keep up with Miracle Morning rotine for daily journalling
5. Listen to Podcasts - (plan to multi task/listening whilst driving or doing house work)
6. Read 52 books in a year
7. Set regular personal goals and review actions taken to achieving them
8. Get a mentor for specific career goals
9. Learn a new skill by course or workshop
10. Improve time management and boundaries - say no when needed
Do feel free to let me know yours so we may grow together.
Continuing the latest blog posts I am focusing my attentions on my level 10 life plans for 2018 around health and fitness .
I thought it would be helpful to share my ideas on what should be included when it comes to health and fitness:
• Diet - What am I eating? Am I getting the right nutrients naturally?
• Sleep - How good is my sleep? How much am I getting do I need?
• Exercise - what do I do currently and what can I start do or do better?
• Emotional wellbeing - is there anything affecting me? How do I keep my emotional heart and head in balance and healthy?
• Mental wellbeing - how do I keep my mind as trained as my body?
• Structural health - how do I feel physically is there anything I need to consider?
• Substructural health - how do I feel inside? Am I getting right nutrients do I need supplementation , is there a condition I need to monitor or manage
So with all that in mind I have taken a really good look at where I am now and where I would like to be and what goals I can set myself to make this happen. . I am doing the same here for health and fitness. So in the spirit of still be accountable to myself I share them with you all.
1. Lose weight to improve BMI
2. Increase activity (monitor through fitness tracker and app) so set goals starting with 10000 steps per day and 20 mins aerobic exercise
3. Research more on clean eating principles
4. Sign up for a nutrition course
5. Cycle more and track
6. Continue taking Plant Derived Minerals daily
7. Do yoga every day
8. Asleep before 10pm on week nights and weekends if not socialising
9. Continue taking essences daily
10. Increase water intake and be consistent
Here is a list of some of the tools I am currently using to help me along the way - I am very likely to add to this page and section over the next year so please book mark it for the future should you want to see what's new ! Click links below to be redirected
• Diet - Lean in 15
• Emotional wellbeing - Flower Essences
• Mental wellbeing - The Miracle Morning
• Structural health - Plant Derived Minerals
• Substructural health - Plant Derived Minerals
• Sleep - Monitor quality with fitness tracker (my personal choice Fitbit Blaze)
• Exercise - Monitor activity with fitness tracker (my personal choice Fitbit Blaze ) Yoga (yoga studio app)
Some of the above links on this site and in the blog maybe affiliate links. In simple terms this means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided.
Any recommendations are based on personal, not professional, opinion only and I enjoy sharing only products I like and use myself.
Every year I schedule in time for what I call a super organise and clean through the house. This involves at least 3-4 hours of work for my house but before I add to the craziness of decorations, presents and visitors for the season this is time well spent!
You might think you can’t do this in this amount of time or possibly that it is too much time, there is no right or wrong answer, last year through the Konmari Method I completed a huge list of things I wanted to do in my home an physical environment. As such my level 10 life Score went from a 4 to an 8 this year ! All successfully achieved and really improved my lifestyle.
More about this method in a blog another time. This year I will be improving the upkeep of this process. Oh just a note, it doesn't mean regular chores are cancelled as they still need to be done, as we are a family of four people and one very fury dog!
What this does mean though by doing this in one hit, I am saving myself time and stress in the future, being this organised allows me to spend good quality time with friends and family and allows less stress (on my part) when we gain unexpected visitors or life is more hectic than expected, which always happens this time of year.
This process isn't for everyone but for me I recognise my equilibrium is kept and my enjoyment levels increased by making this process happen. It also falls really nicely in with my Level 10 goals for Physical Environment that will see me into the new year.
I get told a lot by the people around me that I tidy and clean to much! That some people see it as a waste of time, some say they don't have time so choose not to do it, some day it's pointless because it will get messy again, some say to me I'm a little obsessed even.
Now I am all for considering other peoples perspective on this and I have spent time considering if they are correct in their views. I am not suggesting here today they are right or wrong. Today I share with you the reasons I choose ( feel the empowerment there? It's my choice, no one makes me ) to do this and why then it's important for me to follow this through.
• General cleaning can improve air quality - by eliminating areas prone to mould or dust that can affect conditions such as asthma and allergies.
• When the house is dirty or disorganised, it’s difficult to focus on the tasks, You will be distracted by trying to find things, clear surfaces or finding space to do what you want to taking up more time than you have and reducing your productivity
• You can relax and sleep better in a clean and tidy environment
• Creating a cosy and friendly environment means people want to be around, they feel welcome and can enjoy themselves . Hygge is the best! If you have not heard of this before pop over to the bookshelf where there are some recommendations to read up about it or use social media to search it.
• Doing a deep clean and tidy allows me to see and feel my house. It gives me a chance to connect with it, find out if there are any repairs I have missed or need to consider, appreciate and give thanks to the space that shelters and supports me and my family.
• Creating emotional and physical space allows life to run smoothly, brings opportunity for new and exciting things to come in, and reduces negativity. Keeping the joy in life - another book I recommend to read to help with this process is The Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo check out the bookshelf.
• I am more productive, focused as a result.
So why not! Top tip is I use this time to catch up on podcasts and audio books.
My Level 10 Life goals for Physical Environment
1. Get house repairs and maintenance done
2. Bring in Konmari method to every area of home
3. Build a porch
4. Improve Garden planting areas
5. Create an even better office desk space
6. Get help
7. Organise garage
8. Reorganise and stock kitchen , create pantry
9. Clear out garden shed
10. Home improvements - paint front of house, clear up garden after winter, new hallway carpet, paint bathroom
Not all the tasks on my level 10 can be done straight away but working towards them and having a plan will make them happen. For now I can be happy that I have a tidy house and am ready for the festive season.
Do share your top tips, ideas and inspiration with me.
Every day I find something to be grateful for and I record that in my journal. Today when writing I realised that I am very grateful for my current lifestyle in particular my career and business.
I have a career and business that I love, I am passionate about and that supports me. But it allows me to develop as a person and gain new skills. I am grateful I have the opportunity to support others to both in their lifestyle and their finances.
I work with different amazing teams of people. I have many facets of my own business as you will see from my website and can extend those opportunity’s to others and offer support for those wanting to build a business just like mine.
You can watch the video below for information on one of these areas. Want to JOIN THE TEAM , get in contact with me !
I really like both the quotes on this page. When I consider Financial freedom , what this means to me is it really enables and allows us to make all our decisions and live our lives based on hearts desires , dreams and be around our families and other commitments for longer, whilst still having the needs met that I discussed in last weeks blog on finances.
When I recognised this and started on a path of what I was truly passionate about, as I helped others, success came to my business and the. to them. I chose to change my perception, revisit the expectations I had learnt and been influenced by and got clear on everything I wanted in life. Propelling my happiness and business and overall success forward in every way.
You can also click the quote to visit this site to find out about one company I am involved with and how Mpowered thinking took my business to the next level. If you have any questions you can also ask me by using contact me button 11. I really like both the quotes on this page. When I consider Financial freedom and what this really enables and allows us to to do is to make all our decisions and live our lives based on hearts desires , dreams and be around our families and other commitments for longer, whilst still having the needs met that I discussed in yesterday's blog on finances.
When I recognised this and started on a path of what I was truly passionate about, as I helped others, success came to my business and to them. I chose to change my perception, revisit the expectations I had learnt and been influenced by and got clear on everything I wanted in life. Propelling my happiness and business and overall success forward in every way.
So with this in mind as I approach 2018 these are the goals I have set for moving that forward again.
1. Bring everything together under one umbrella - I currently doing this for the last 12 months and this website is a testiment to that , I have different areas of work that I am passionate about - holistic health (essences, sound, aromatherapy and crystals) Education and Team Building (plant derived minerals) writing (author, journaling , blogs and magazine articles) Lifestyle (finance, coaching, inspiration and creativity, and beauty )
2. Write and publish another book
3. Create Journal workbook
4. Create and engage in new (to me) social media platforms such as Pinterest and YouTube
5. Set up Etsy shop
6. Support 100 people in building their own business through opportunity and training
7. Create a International team
8. Mantain blog and engage with audience
9. Work with people who inspire me
10. Create opportunity to support and give back to community through my career and business
So this weeks blog post is keeping with the plan of creating my Level 10 Life goals for 2018. This weeks section is Finance.
Finances are actually a totally different category under level 10 Life to your career and business category and although lots of time they are connected as one aids the other it's important to have them separated so that you can set goals for both. Especially if you are looking to make changes in both.
My initial thought was to ask why consider finances at all?
It's an open question with quite a few possible answers. So I've taken some time to consider what that can mean to me and maybe others.
• Money helps us meet our basic human needs, for example food, water, housing etc. Meeting these needs are essential because if we don’t have enough money to do this, our complete well being has the opportunity to suffer.
• Money in abundance or lack can impact on our health and well being, relationships , outlook on life , emotional and mental state, it's really a good idea to take the time to consider your own connection to money and current position. Think about what you spend money on, when you spend money on and why ? Consider how you feel during good times and more challenging. ( If you are worried always consider getting support or professional advice ) .
• More money doesn't necessarily mean more happiness, it's well documented and is certainly true from my own experiences.
• Be organised , track, budget and be consciously aware of how your relationships and actions affect your finances.
• Being ontop of your finances can avoid or reduce stress.
• Gaining your perfect level of financial freedom (however that may look for you) will allow you to achive your level 10 life.
Having clearly defined goals and objectives will help in all the areas I describe and take me steps further to my level 10. For me I have not at this stage included timescales or amounts in huge detail but am sharing here some of the areas I want to influence my finances for my own level 10 life.
Yours are likely to be something totally different. But you might find inspiration or guidance on how setting goals and a plan to achieve them could make them happen sooner than you think! For example look at the savings challenge above.
1. Save £1000 a savings challenge I have set myself - timescale one year. I have made a journal spread to track my progress and set amounts so I can see if I am achieving or on track for my goal
2. Pay off any debts
3. Reduce fixed outgoings ( will increase freedom and flexibility)
4. Life Goal that requires a finance goal and action- new car
5. Life Goal that requires a finance goal and action - home improvements
6. Build and increase savings
7. Life Goal that requires a finance goal and action - go on holiday
8. Increase income
9. Create a residual/silent income
10. Life Goal that requires a finance goal and action - buy a campervan
My intention is to review these goals weekly and track my progress , brainstorm them in more detail and set measurable goals to make them happen.
On reflection I did this last year and the key was regular review, looking at and monitoring my progress or analysing anything that taken me off track. When doing this I was my most successful and so that will be key moving through into 2018.
Wishing you well with yours :-)
Today’s blog post continues from last weeks where I started to map out my Level 10 Life Plans for 2018.
Last year when considering my plans under the ‘fun’ section , I really took some time to consider what makes something fun for me .
So when approaching this section and making plans you should think about what ‘fun’ means for you. It might be the same as mine or it could be totally different. Remember your version will be the right one, I share my thoughts here on what you may consider when thinking of what makes something Fun.
• Is enjoyable to do?
• Is entertaining?
• Does it capture your attention?
• Does it make you feel excited?
• Does it make you feel happy?
• Who else is positive or could you have fun with?
• Sometimes best fun is that which is not so strictly planned but spontaneous!
• Find time to be creative.
• Letting myself be curious about life.
• Learning a new Skill.
• Avoid being afraid of letting yourself feel free (be a bit silly or just step out of your comfort zone).
With all that in mind these are my current Level 10 Life Goals
I would love to hear from you to find our your version of fun so do come and let me know by email , or on social media or in comments box below.
Linda Perry Holistic Practitioner💚Mum👩👧👦Wife💏Author📘Blogger. My mission to inspire others to live a healthy, happy & full life!